Removing a wine stain can be tricky, but is easiest to do while it is fresh and still wet in the carpet. Follow this list of steps for an easy solution.
You will need:
1. Begin by blotting with a clean cloth to remove as much of the wine as possible. It’s very important to BLOT throughout this entire process DO NOT SCRUB. Working from the outside of the stain towards the center will keep the stain from spreading.
2. Dab the stain with white wine and blot with a clean cloth.
3. If the stain still remains, try dabbing a little bit of club soda on the stain and blot to remove.
4. If the stain still persists, try pouring either salt, baking soda, talcum powder on the stain and letting it set. The powder should soak up the stain and remove it.
5. If your fabric can withstand boiling water, try the following method:
Lay the stain across an large bowl
Pour boiling water over the stain and let the water draw it out as it runs through the fabric into the bowl.
6. When the stain is removed, wash the clothing in cold water following detergent recommendations on the care tag.
7. You may want to air-dry the clothing to be sure the stain is not noticeable when it’s dry. If you place it in the dryer and it’s not completely gone, it will be set from the heat and impossible to remove.
If you are in need of a professional carpet cleaner, call MS Enterprises LLC at (856) 784-1101. Visit us online at http://www.msenterprisesllc.com